Today we are going to talk about what living a coupon pantry life means. What the 5 things are that you need to into your life now that you are dedicated to spending less and getting more. Here are the basics:
1. Learn to plan your meals around what is on sale. Gone are the days where you make up a menu and then go to the story with a long list of ingredients. Now, we are going to base our menu off of what we have stockpiled and what is on sale.
2. You can no longer be brand specific. And let's face it, is that brand as loyal to you as you are to it? Probably not. Now, we buy what is on sale instead of throwing money at brands that we feel we can only use.
3. Stockpiling is a major key in saving money. It is important that when you begin, you find a nice place to start storing all of your amazing deals because it is no fun to just buy one! Now, instead of buying just one tube of toothpaste when you run out, you continually buy toothpaste when you get it for free. This results in a nice stockpile so that next time you run out, you run to the cupboard instead of the store!
4. Remove the misconception that you can't eat healthy and coupon. After my second son was born, I joined Weight Watchers and lost all of my baby weight and all the food I bought was bought using coupons.
5. Don't believe the Extreme Couponing show, not every area can take a $250.00 transaction and bring it down to $4.00. And don't let that discourage you. They are the exception to the rule. Learn your area's couponing rules and become the master at them. You will still be saving your family money everytime you do.
Do these seem like 5 rules that you can now incorporate into you life? If it does, then welcome to the wonderful world of couponing! I am so excited to start this journey with you!